hickeys are gross i want ten
DaJé Barbour by Danny Lang
this dude is unreal alien from utopia future
He literally has golden eyes I’ve never been more jealous in my fucking life
Reblogging again because hot men on my blog is always a welcome thing
Odin and Loki on Jane.
Isn’t it interesting that Odin says, in effect, “don’t attach yourself to humans because their mortality makes them unworthy” while Loki says “don’t attach yourself to humans because their mortality will cause you pain”.
The Importance of ‘The Hobbit’
No! I strongly disagree - the events of The Hobbit were so important to Middle Earth! Gandalf addresses just a couple of the important consequences of the events of The Hobbit when, after the War of the Ring, he says:
Think of what might have been. Dragon-fire and savage swords in Eriador! There might be no Queen in Gondor. We might now only hope to return from the victory here to ruin and ash. But that has been averted – because I met Thorin Oakenshield one evening on the edge of spring not far from Bree.
I mean, just consider:
- Because Smaug was killed during The Hobbit, he wasn’t alive to help Sauron during the War of the Ring. Gandalf says himself that Smaug might have been sent to attack Lorien or Rivendell, but it’s also possible that he might have been used in the attack of Gondor.
- Because the dwarves reclaimed Erebor and Dale was rebuilt, the north was populated by two more powerful forces - had Erebor and Dale not been so strong, Sauron might not have bothered dividing his forces, giving Gondor a much larger army to contend with. Or the portion of the army that attacked Dale might have been sent to reinforce the army at Dol Guldur, overwhelming Lorien and Mirkwood’s forces.
- Because of the specific events of the Battle of Five Armies the men of Dale and the dwarves of Erebor entered the War of the Ring as close allies. Had The Hobbit ended differently, it’s possible that Erebor might not have come to Dale’s aid when attacked by Sauron’s armies (for example, during the War Between the Elves and Sauron, the dwarves of Moria helped a little, but then closed their gates and waited out the rest of the war in isolation.)
- Because Dain Ironfoot specifically was King Under the Mountain, he immediately distrusted Sauron’s messenger (at the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring, Sauron sent messengers to Erebor promising all sorts of stuff in return for information on Bilbo). Instead of giving in to Sauron’s request, or even just ignoring him, he sent messengers - Gimli and Gloin - to Rivendell, causing them to be present for the Council of Elrond. (I say Dain is important in this because he’s always come off as very wise, especially in the face of the eviler things in Middle Earth, such as his response to glimpsing the balrog in Moria.)
- Also keep in mind that it’s during The Hobbit that the White Council drove Sauron out of Dol Guldur. Therefore the events of The Hobbit also represent the beginning of Gondor’s long war with Mordor (which obviously had a huge impact on that country, and the people that lived there.)
- And, of course, it’s during The Hobbit that the One Ring was found - and, more importantly, was found by Bilbo and kept in a place Gandalf frequented, which made it possible for him to become aware of the Ring so early.
There are probably dozens of other important consequences the events of The Hobbit had on Middle Earth’s history. You just have to look at the big picture.
SOURCES: The Hobbit, LOTR, The Unfinished Tales (“The Quest of Erebor”)
The Prince of Egypt songs (in order of appearance).
The Shark Week 2014 commercials are seriously my favorite thing right now.
If there was any reason to be angry at Nick, it’d be this. HOW DARE THEY.
GDI NICK GET WITH THE PROGRAM ITS “KAINORA”
My favourite part in Order of the Phoenix is when Harry and Sirius are playing hide and seek in the Ministry and Sirius is being silly behind the veil then he jumps out at Harry like “Haha found you!” and then they laugh and high five and go out for ice cream at Fortescue’s.
Daily Laughs and Giggles Set#7
in the vest business eyo
I know you don’t like to talk, but you gotta do it for her.
Yadriel & Maria appreciation post ✿◕‿◕✿
HE SAID MORE THAN HE DID ALL SEASON. I THOUGHT HE DIDN’T CARE. I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST BEING NICE AND LETTING HIS BABY MAMA SEE THE BABY THAT HE PROBABLY DIDN’T REALLY WANT AND BARELY LOOKED AFTER BUT I WAS FUCKING WRONG. I WAS WRONG ABOUT HIM. HE’S JUST QUIET. THE DUDE IS STOIC AS FUCK AND HE FUCKING LOVES MARIA AND HE LOVES THAT BABY AND IT’S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THE WAY HE GUSHES AND TALKS TO HER LIKE MARIA ASKED HIM TO DO BECAUSE HE WANTS HER TO GROW UP SMART AND LOVED.
But also look at how cute the baby is dressed in each visit. Who did that? Daddy did. But that’s exactly the kind of visual cue that gets lost when he’s getting judged for his bald head, tattoos and stoic (thuggish?) demeanor.